Please plan to join Economic Lifelines members in Topeka on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. The Kansas Legislature will be back in session next month and important budget and transportation issues will be front and center! We need YOUR help in letting legislators know how vital restoring a vision for a strong transportation program is to Kansas. Please join us for all or even a part of our day’s events. Please forward this information broadly to others in your industry – robust participation sends a strong message about the importance of transportation issues.SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY – TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2018
- 7:30-8:30am: Breakfast with key state transportation leaders. Breakfast is sponsored by KAPA-KRMCA.
- 9-10am: Registration and briefing for the Day on the Hill activities.
- 10-12am: Meetings at the statehouse with Kansas Legislators.
- 12-1pm: Lunch with House and Senate Transportation Committee members for sponsors. Lunch is sponsored by Heavy Constructors Association.
- 1-2pm: Continued opportunity for meetings at the statehouse.
- 2-4pm: Economic Lifelines Annual Meeting with invited gubernatorial candidates
- 4:30-6pm: Legislative reception for all Kansas Legislators. The reception is sponsored by the Kansas Contractors Association.
All events except the statehouse meetings will be held at the offices of the Kansas Contractors Association (800 SW Jackson). Hourly parking is available in the garage adjacent to the Kansas Contractors Association and directly across the street in the garage next door to the Celtic Fox (108 SW 8th). CLICK HERE for more information about parking downtown. There is also limited parking underground on the north side of the statehouse and metered parking along nearby streets. If you are not a sponsor, please note that you will find many good dining options for lunch nearby in downtown.
There is a block of hotel rooms reserved at the Topeka Ramada (420 SE 6th) for your convenience. If you wish to book a hotel room, please call 785-234-5400 and tell them that you are with Economic Lifelines.
We have several sponsorship opportunities for our Day on the Hill. We would appreciate your support. If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please email Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOLD LEVEL*: We’ve reserved space on the 2nd floor of the Kansas Statehouse for participating Economic Lifelines members to set up a booth/table to showcase their company and its support for a strong Kansas infrastructure. In addition, you’d receive 4 seats at the luncheon with Transportation Committee members and recognition in all printed materials. Cost: $200
- SILVER LEVEL: Your organization would receive lunch with Transportation Committee members and recognition in all printed materials. Sponsors receive 2 seats at the luncheon. Cost: $100
- BRONZE LEVEL: Your organization would be listed as a sponsoring member in all printed materials. Sponsors receive 1 seat at the luncheon. Cost: $50
*Limited tables are available for the Gold Level sponsors, so please RSVP early. Each company is responsible for set-up/break- down of booths. The displays can be on display between 9am and 4pm.