Economic Lifelines, a leading transportation coalition in Kansas, seeks proposals for an Executive Director/Association Manager. Specifically, proposals are sought from qualified firms or individuals to provide association management, communication and outreach services to members, the public and the Kansas Legislature.
- Effective advocacy for state funding dedicated to the transportation program.
- Coordination of public relations and communications efforts among Economic Lifeline members and the public.
- Maintenance of email list of members and larger universe of interested parties.
- Develop messages for distribution and the delivery of emails to members providing current legislative updates and alerts.
- Organize meetings with members, advocates and stakeholders around the state.
- Continue to recruit new members. Leverage local stakeholders to communicate with and persuade legislators to support transportation funding.
- Organize regular meetings of the executive committee.
- Educate stakeholders on issues related to transportation.
- Assist in educating legislators on the importance of transportation to the State and especially to their constituents and communities.
- Communicate the importance of federal funding to the Kansas federal delegation and provide updates on Federal transportation issues to the membership
- Organize a minimum of one membership meeting annually and meet with members in local communities.
- Organize a Day at the Capitol for EL members in coordination with KCA and Executive Committee.
- Responsible for managing the finances of Economic Lifelines.
- Motivational skills: ability to organize and motivate stakeholders to work together to actively protect transportation funding.
- Communication skills: ability to translate technical information about transportation and KDOT funding issues into easy-to-understand language; keep members and broader transportation stakeholders informed and involved.
- Membership development skills: ability to retain and motivate current members, recruit new members and new membership fees plus secure additional funds for unanticipated activities from key stakeholders
- Ability to work across political party lines and with diverse constituencies
- Organizational skill: ability to work with the treasurer to maintain the budget, maintain email lists etc.
- Advocacy skills: going well beyond a traditional monitor and report approach– persuasive skills are needed to press points and urge action.
Please include any of the following for consideration:
- Firm overview/Experience/Resume
- Active client list
- Outline the approach you would take as Executive Director/Association Manager to manage the organization and advocate for the transportation industry.
- Cost proposal
Interviews will be conducted by members of the Economic Lifelines Executive Committee.
Please submit RFP by February 28, 2019 to:
Dan Watkins, Co-Chair
901 New Hampshire St, Suite 200
Lawrence, KS 66044